The Sherman Filterbank 2 is a versitale filter effect box with tube sound overdrive, 12 parameters of it are MIDI controllable.
Includes 2 autonomous filters that can be used by themselves or they can be synchronised
and set to differing harmonic intervals with a notched selector.
Given the filter's high, low and band pass capabilities it is possible to create a
24dB filter that can introduce harmonics several octaves lower than your original sound.
It is easy to generate frequencies as low as 1 Hz that WILL destroy your monitors... watch out!
Applications include: Live performance, DJ-ing, expansion module for modular synthesizer systems,
mix effect or specialized equalization in a studio,
enhancement of dull sounding digital gear or as a guitar overdrive effect box.
- Two Independent low pass, band pass and high pass filters with resonance, frequency and ADSR (positive or negative)
- Switchable parallel or serial
- Filter #2 has a 6-Octave range, and is synchronizable with Filter #1
- ADSR Generator with an output for other filterbanks or modular systems, triggered by the incoming signal, by a second sound source or gate
- 1 FM input for the filters, internal or external audio, LFO or CV
- 1 VCA overdrive with AR generator
- 1 ring modulator input, internal or external audio, LFO or CV
- Pedal input allows foot control of frequency 1 and bypass/effect switching
- 5mm big green LED indicates 'Effect on' on the FB 2
- 3-way switch on the input stage allows Hi boost as well Hi cut
- 'Sensitrig' switch for a variety of input signals
- 'Tracking' function - a monophonic pitch follower that tunes filter 2 to the incoming pitch, and makes filter 1 the slave of filter 2 via the harmonics switch.
- 3-way switch in the LFO section, allowing sawtooth wave shape OR AR retrig : this forces an LFO restart from the AR trig which results in pumping grooves
- Pedal Input